Enter The 50th Anniversary
We’re calling designers from all over the world to participate in a Logo Competition for Celebrating Hip Hop’s 50th Anniversary. As Hip Hop marks this historic milestone, we look to this generation of Hip Hop creatives, designers and enthusiasts, to create the official logo of Hip Hop’s 50th Anniversary.
Hip Hop started from people not dwelling on hopeless situations that were prevalent in 1973 but rather becoming the solution over selves. We became the answer, we were what was needed to escape the sickness, the hatred, the ignorance and poverty.
The “Emcee” gave voice to people and now that voice speaks all over the world!!
The winning design will recognize the elements Hip Hop necessary to both celebrate the 50th Anniversary while inspiring future generations to continue to grow and expand Hip Hop’s message. Hip Hop’s spirit can’t be owned or stopped.
Show Us What you Got
Here are the details about how to enter the competition:
- The contest is open from 12:01 a.m. April 28, 2022 (Bronx Time Zone) and closes on May 31 at 11:59 p.m. (Bronx Time Zone).
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- The winning entry will be selected by a panel comprised of HIP HOP’s legendary Old G’s, MCees and others impact makers (AKA The Judges)
- The finalists and the winner will be announced in early to mid June depending on the number of entries.
- All entries must be submitted through this website BirthplaceofHipHop.com and in an acceptable format (including JPEG , PNG, GIF, EPS, Ai & PDF).
- The designs must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 1 in. x 1 in.) and large scales.
- Submissions must include the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the logo, name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
- One submission per person please, give us your best. Two tries is you betting against you, celebrate you, we want to!
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
- The prize for the winning entry is a $1,000 and ticket for live attendance at a KRS1 class at 1520 Community Room.
The purpose of this contest is to design a logo to be used by birthplaceofhiphop.nyc Intellectual Property
- Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- Submissions become the sole property of Birthplaceofhiphop.com and its principals and may be used for any purpose indefinably.
- We shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
- Birthplaceofhiphop.nyc and its principals reserve the right to use any other entry for promotional purposes in the future.
If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.
Determination of Winner and Prize
- Judges’ decision will be final and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via email and announced on the BirthplaceofHipHop.nyc website and its affiliated social media.
- Birthplaceofhiphop.nyc and its principals are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- Birthplaceofhiphop.nyc and its principals are not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.
- By entering, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules.
- Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate participants’ eligibility.
- Birthplaceofhiphop.nyc and its principals has the right to disqualify any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
- Birthplaceofhiphop.nyc is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
- All Submissions may be used on Birthplaceofhiphop.nyc and its corresponding social media sites, materials or anywhere else Birthplaceofhiphop.nyc and its principals deem appropriate.
Now show us what you got!